Museum

Address:
108 S. Bloomingdale Road
Bloomingdale, IL

Amenities
Handicapped Accessible: Yes

The Bloomingdale Park District Museum is Bloomingdale’s oldest building and home to five to seven exhibits and 1,000+ visitors per year.

Timeline:

  • Built in 1849 as the First Baptist Church of Christ. Visitors today can view the original 1849 ceiling, knotty pine floor, and some of the original glass pane windows.
  • Bloomingdale Academy took over the property in 1860. Geographical classroom maps from the school are on permanent display at the museum.
  • In 1892 the building became the center of town serving as both the Township Office and the Town Hall.
  • A jail cell was installed in 1910.
  • This historic building was sold to the Bloomingdale Park District in 1965 for the purchase price of $1. The Park District soon began to offer programming to residents at this location.
  • Fine arts and cultural exhibits begin to emerge in this beautiful, significant one room building in the early 80’s.
  • Major restoration includes an art gallery addition to the Museum space in 1998. Much of the original architecture was restored and refurbished.
Become a corporate sponsor - click for more info Become a corporate sponsor - click for more info
  • Adventist Glen Oaks
  • Bloomingdale Bank and Trust
  • Ducat Chiropractic
  • Associated Dental Care
  • Stratford Square Mall
  • Sports Authority