Download, fill out and turn in an employment application.
Applications can be turned in at the Johnston Recreation Center, 172 S. Circle Ave., Bloomingdale, IL 60108.
Before & After School Aide (part time) -
Under the direction of the before/after school site director, the aide is responsible for helping out with activities and games for participants in the program. The before/after school aide staff must provide the participants with a leadership role, and be a positive role model to them. The aide is responsible for planning, organizing and leading daily activities.
Before & After School Site Director (part time)
- Under the direction of the Before & After School Coordinator and Recreation Supervisor, the Before & After School Site Director is responsible for the supervision and coordination of site staff and program. Before & After School Site Director is directly responsible for planning and organizing all daily activities of Kids’ Place at specific site.
Lifeguards & Swim Instructors (part time)
The Oasis Water Park is accepting applications for lifeguards and swim instructors. Email Jack Andrews
for more information.
Barracuda Swim & Dive Coach (part time)
- Under general supervision of the Aquatics Supervisor, the swim coach is responsible for conducting a competitive swim team program which teaches the correct stroke techniques and prepares participants for competitive swim meets.
Park Operations (part time)
- Under general supervision of the Director of Parks & Planning and Assistant Director of Parks & Planning, park opeartions personnel are responsible for performing a variety of daily, seasonal and/or routine grounds and facility maintenance functions.
Adult Program Coordinator (part time)
- Under direction of the Director of Recreation, the adult program coordinator is responsible for the planning, organization, development and management of programs for the adult population. This position works closely with the entire recreation department and office support staff. A bachelor's degree in recreation administration or related field is preferred. Previous experience in a recreational setting is required. Preference will be given to those individuals with experience and knowledge of programming for the adult community. The ideal candidate will possess strong leadership skills, excellent communication skills, the ability to work independently, and the desire to work with the active adult population.
Art Instructor (part time)
- Under the direction of the Recreation Supervisor, the Art/Craft instructor is responsible for the supervision and coordination of patrons in the classes offered and to effectively organize activities for individuals of all ages and provide interesting arts/crafts projects to help strengthen their appreciation of art.
Birthday Party Leader (part-time) -
Under the direction of the Recreation Supervisor, the Birthday Party Leader will be responsible for organizing, preparing, and conducting youth birthday parties along with cleaning before and after the event. Also, to demonstrate enthusiasm and dedication to provide patron’s birthday party with a great experience.
T-ball Instructor (part time) -
Under the direction of the Athletics Supervisor, the T-ball Instructor is responsible for teaching participants the basics of T-ball which include running around the bases and hitting the ball off of the tee.
Fitness Instructor (part time)