Sunrise Shuffle 5K
Support local parks and recreation at the Seventh Annual Bloomingdale Parks Foundation Sunrise Shuffle 5K, presented by Sunrise Chevrolet! The Sept. 9 run is a kick-off event for Bloomingdale's 44th Annual Septemberfest and starts and ends at the Johnston Recreation Center. The Sunrise Shuffle 5K is part of the AMITA Health 5K Breakfast Series.Register online!
- WE HAVE BEER! Church Street Brewing Company returns for 2017! 5K runners may enjoy a beer from Church Street Brewing Company!
- Bounce House and Fun Run. The Sunrise Shuffle 5K is family friendly. In addition to the 5K, the race also features a Bounce House for children to play in before, during and after the race! Weather permitting. Plus, children 9 and under are welcome to participate in the Fun Run up and down Circle Ave. before the official 5K race. FUN RUN PARTICIPANTS DO NOT NEED TO REGISTER.
- View the unofficial course map at http://www.bloomingdaleparks.org/images/uploads/special-events/5k/5k-map-2016.jpg
- Race Timing - The 2017 Sunrise Shuffle 5K will be chip-timed by J3 Timing. Check them out at http://www.j3timing.com/home.html.
- Pre-race packet pick-up is Thursday, September 7 at the Johnston Recreation Center. Times are 11AM-2PM and 4-7PM. The JRC is located at 172 S. Circle Ave., in Bloomingdale.
- Race Day Registration and day-of packet pick-up is between 7 a.m. and 8 a.m. on site.
- Age Groups: 14-and-under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-and-over
- Awards - Awards are presented for the top three finishers in each age category for men and women. Awards are presented immediately following the race.
- Parking - There is plenty of FREE parking available at Circle Park South, Westfield Middle School and Marklund School. The start/finish area is located at the parking lot entrance/exit to the Johnston Recreation Center and Oasis Water Park. This lot is CLOSED on race day. Runners are advised to park at Westfield, Circle Park South or Marklund and walk to the start/finish area.
- Bloomingdale Parks Foundation - The Bloomingdale Parks Foundation is an organization dedicated to assisting individuals gain access to Park District programs. The Foundation was established in 1994 as a not-for-profit organization. Its primary purpose is to provide opportunities for all Park District participants. The Foundation holds a 501-(c)(3) status from the IRS.
Church Street Brewing Company
Dick Pond Athletics
ISK Entertainment - DJ Tony Slammin' Keas