Swimming is a critical life safety skill. The Oasis Swim Academy teaches participants this vital skill in and around the water while also providing fun and fitness.
Top 5 Reasons to take Swim Lessons at The Oasis Swim Academy
- Swim lessons teach life safety skills.
- Swim lessons calm fears.
- Swimming is a great way to keep kids active.
- Swim lessons can help kids build self-confidence.
- Swim lessons can be the start of a new hobby or sport.
There are levels for each and every age group. Additionally, The Oasis Swim Academy offers private, semi-private and group lessons. Every swim instructor is trained by Starguard Certified Lifeguards.
Skills taught include:
- blowing bubbles
- water entry & exit
- assisted front/back glide
- assisted front/back float
- beginning arm movement
- holding breath
- proper lifejacket use
- safety awareness
- retrieving objects
- turning from front to back and back to front
- deepwater activities with a life jacket
- coordination of front crawl with breathing
- elementary backstroke
- treading water
- back crawl
- front crawl
- front dive
- breaststroke kick
- scissor kick
- dolphin kick
- survival float
- surface dive
- underwater swimming
- basic rescue techniques
- introduction to competitive turns
- introduction to lifeguard skills
- introduction to CPR/rescue breathing
- tread water for five minutes