CPR/AED and First Aid
When: 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Where: Goodwin-Sedgwick Rm.
In addition to adult, child, and infant CPR/AED, this class covers:
• First aid responsibilities and kits
• Good Samaritan Laws
• Asthma and inhaler use
• Choking and performing the Heimlich maneuver
• Allergic reactions and epinephrine pens
• Heart attacks, chest pain, strokes, and seizures
• Bandaging, tourniquets, and amputations
• Heat exhaustion and heat stroke, and much more
Arrive 15 minutes early for registration as the class starts on time. Bring a sack lunch. A one-hour Bloodborne Pathogens (BBP) class designed to meet OSHA requirements can be added on to the end of class for $15. A 33-year veteran of the Chicago Fire Department, Instructor Gayle Vaul has a great deal of experience in saving lives and emergency first aid. She uses her interesting stories and humor to privately teach AHA classes, and enjoys when her former students return and share their own life-saving stories.
CPR/AED and First Aid is located under Adult General on the registration site.