Benefits For Our Part-Time Staff
Create Fun - Connect with Your Community
The Bloomingdale Park District is an award-winning agency, most recently designated an Exceptional Workplace by the Illinois Parks and Recreation Association.
Join our team and discover why the BPD is such a great place to work! And be sure to check out these amazing benefits for our part-time staff:
· Free daycare while working for children three (3) years of age and older in daycare type programs such as preschool, preschool extended care, day camps, sunrise/sunset extended care, days off and Kids’ Place programs.
· Potential to participate in a pension plan @ 25 hours per week through the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund: employee contribution approximately 4.5%, employer contribution 9-12%.
· Free use of the fitness center and water park.
· Discounted rate (resident rate) for registrations for all Park District programs for employees and their immediate families.
· Educational opportunities that can include trainings, professional memberships and certifications.
. A cheerful, fun work environment in an Exceptional Workplace Award-winning agency.
· The chance to connect with and serve the community.
· Career-building work experiences.
· Lasting friendships and memories.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. We are always looking for talented, dedicated, and energetic individuals to be a part of our team. Thank you for considering employment at the Bloomingdale Park District.
Download, fill out and turn in an employment application. Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or turn in at the Johnston Recreation Center, 172 S. Circle Ave., in Bloomingdale.
Before School Aide Staff (part time). The Aide is responsible for helping out with activities, games, crafts, and homework for participants in the program and must provide the participants with a leadership role and be a positive role model to them. The Aide is responsible for planning, organizing and leading daily activities.
Group Exercise & Aqua Fitness Instructors - Adult & Youth (part time) - If you are a Certified Group Exercise instructor, we have a great opportunity for you to expand your class offerings! We are hiring instructors of a variety of formats, special preference to Aqua & Youth/Kids Fitness instructors. Please forward your resume and certifications to Amber Patton, Fitness Coordinator, at email@example.com. Starting pay is $18-$32/hour. Independent Contractor options are available.
Gymnastics Instructor (part time) - Under the direction of the Gymnastics Coordinator, gymnastics instructors are responsible for planning, organization and instruction of assigned gymnastics activities offered at the Bloomingdale Park District. Also, he/she must assist the Gymnastics Coordinator with creating lesson plans and supervising the participants of each class.
Dive Team Head Coach (part time, seasonal) - Under general supervision of the recreation and facility manager, responsible for conducting a competitive dive team program that teaches the correct techniques and prepares participants for competitive dive meets.
Front Desk Lead Registrar/Customer Service (full time). - This is a full-time position under the direction of the Director of Finance. The Lead Registrar is responsible for a variety of duties including, but not limited to, answering the telephone, greeting guests, processing registrations, and all aspects of front desk operations.