Bloomingdale Park District Oasis Water Park to Fully Re-Open June 11; Season Passes Now Available for Purchase
With the expectation that the State of Illinois will enter Phase 5 of the Restore Illinois Plan June 11, Bloomingdale Park District announced June 10 that The Oasis Water Park will return to its traditional operating format with full-facility access and no restrictions or reservations required beginning June 11.
Season Passes are available for purchase now and are located under memberships on the registration site, or they can be purchased at the Johnston Recreation Center, 172 S. Circle Ave., in Bloomingdale.
Passes will be accepted for open swim at The Oasis beginning June 14.
The implementation of Phase 5 includes:
- Capacity restrictions are lifted.
- Time blocks are removed for open and lap swim.
- Advance daily reservations are not required for open and lap swim.
- Phase 5 states that unvaccinated individuals should wear a mask outside when unable to social distance. Masks do not need to be worn while in the water.
If you reserved a swim session for June 14 or later, you will receive a household credit, refund, or the amount may be applied to a season pass. Call the Johnston Recreation Center Front Desk at (630) 529-3650 for more information.
The Oasis Water Park features three different attractions: 'Cuda Cove, Mango Bay and Adventure Island. 'Cuda Cove is an eight-lane competitive pool with a drop slide and one- and three-meter diving boards. Mango Bay is a zero-depth entry leisure pool with geysers, spilling buckets, sprayers and water slides. Adventure Island is an interactive water playground.
The Oasis also features the Tiki Hut and a state-of-the-art bathhouse. In addition, the Oasis has a remote-controlled lift for our patrons needing assistance into and out of the water.
'Cuda Cove Features:
- Eight-lane lap pool
- Pineapple Plunge Drop Slide
- Diving Boards (1 and 3 meters)
- Diving Well (13 feet deep)
- Climbing Wall
- Home to the Bloomingdale Barracuda Swim & Dive Team
Mango Bay Features:
- Palm Tree Pass (floatations and climbing rope that traverse the pool)
- Typhoon Tunnel (110-foot speed slide pumping 400 gallons of water per minute)
- Tropical Twister (160-foot open air thrill slide pumping 800 gallons of water per minute)
- Nautical Spinnaker (umbrella sprayer)
- Zero-depth entry pool
- Geysers, sprayers and spilling buckets!
- Soft play animal features
Adventure Island Features:
- Slide with run out
- Play structure roof
- Pools and falls
- Pipe falls
- Spinning tray
- Theme elements