The Bloomingdale Park District offers a number of different ways to get involved.
- The Adopt-A-Park program was instituted in 2015 and involves organizations adopting a local park. The program is designed to be a low key, informal approach to involve the community with its neighborhood park by "keeping an eye out" for potential hazards, vandalism and general park abuse, as well as assisting in keeping parks clean and free of invasive vegetation.
- The Bloomingdale Parks Foundation is an organization dedicated to helping the Park District provide great recreation programs and open space while also assisting individuals to gain access to programs, enhancing current programs and making improvements to all of BPD's parks.
- Volunteers play an important role in every public agency and are needed for many special events and in the gymnastics and athletic programs (coaches). If you are interested in volunteer opportunities at the Bloomingdale Park District, contact Rebecca Defrancesco .
- The Giving Tree Program offers individuals, organizations or community businesses the opportunity to purchase trees as a gift for someone special, memory of a loved one, or a cost-effective means of advertising.
- The Park District offers a variety of opportunities for businesses to advertise, interact with residents and/or simply invest in their community via the Corporate Partnership Program . The Park District works to maximize your investment by continually helping to advance your message, mission and sales efforts.