BLOOMINGDALE PARK DISTRICT ANNOUNCES PHASE 3 UPDATES
On May 29, the state officially enters Phase 3 of the Restore Illinois Plan issued by the Office of the Governor of JB Pritzker. The Bloomingdale Park District has the following updates.
- The following facilities remain closed to the public but are tentatively scheduled to be open at a date to be determined.
- Johnston Recreation Center
- Westfield Gymnasium
- Maintenance Building
- All Bloomingdale Park District tennis courts, bocce ball courts and athletic fields (baseball, softball, football, soccer) are now open for use. However, due to Phase 3 restrictions, groups are limited to 10 people and no competitive sports are allowed. Youth sports activities are limited to:
- Drills, practices, and lessons that do not involve contact between individuals and allow for 6 feet of social distancing to be maintained.
- No competitive games allowed
- All Park District playgrounds, including The Clubhouse Indoor Playground sponsored by Eagle Falls Dentistry, remain closed.
- Camp Escape, the Park District’s new summer day camp, has been restructured to incorporate small group sizes and social/physical distancing restrictions. However, this is still a work in progress as the District is awaiting Illinois Department of Public Health-approved guidelines. Camp Escape is scheduled to begin on June 29. Registration deadline is June 16. Camp Escape is located under Special/Sport Camps on the registration site.
- Camp on the Go, an at-home day camp option, begins June 8. Camp on the Go is located under Youth General on the registration site.
- The B-Fit Center may reopen with restrictions at a date to be determined. One-on-one personal training will be available in June.
- Staff is working with instructors to provide fitness opportunities under Phase 3 restrictions. This includes one-on-one indoor personal training and outdoor group exercise classes of up to 10 people.
- Virtual programs continue throughout June.
- Rentals and parties are suspended until further notice. Staff is exploring a way to provide birthday party options that will meet social distancing protocols once the region moves into Phase 4, as well as developing safe facility guidelines/protocols for groups of less than 50.
- Open Gym and the Westfield Walking Track are cancelled for the summer (through August 31). Should certain criteria be met, the walking track may re-open at a date to be determined.
- The Oasis Water Park is closed and the Summer Concert Series is cancelled for the 2020 summer season.
- Parks, trails, boating and fishing areas continue to be open so long as appropriate physical distancing is followed.
More information about the Restore Illinois Plan can be found online at https://www.dph.illinois.gov/restore
The Park District continues to closely monitor guidance from the Illinois Department of Public Health, Park District Risk Management Association, and Centers for Disease Control & Prevention and rely on their expertise and recommendations to continue to inform decisions.
Information and updates about closures and restrictions will continue to be communicated through the Park District’s website (bloomingdaleparks.org), social media and email.
Posted May 28, 2020 at 5:35 AM