PLAYGROUNDS ARE CLOSED
Effective at 5 p.m. on March 21 through April 7, all Bloomingdale Park District playgrounds are CLOSED in accordance with Executive Order 2020-10 issued by Governor Pritzker.
Park District walking paths remain open.
Recommendations to keep safe while social distancing in public parks or on paths:
- Avoid social gatherings in groups of more than 10 people.
- Follow CDC’s guidance on personal hygiene prior to heading to trails — wash hands, carry hand sanitizer, do not use trails if you have symptoms, cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing, etc.
- Observe at all times CDC’s minimum recommended social distancing of six feet from other people. Practice it and know what it looks like. Keep it as you walk, bike or hike.
- Warn other trail users of your presence and as you pass to allow proper distance and step off trails to allow others to pass, keeping minimum recommended distances at all times. Signal your presence with your voice, bell or horn.
- Note that trail and park users may find public restrooms closed — be prepared before you leave and time outings so that you are not dependent on public restrooms.
- Bring water or drinks — public drinking fountains may be disabled and should not be used, even if operable.
- Bring a suitable trash bag. Leave no trash, take everything out to protect park workers.
The Park District continues to closely monitor guidance from the DuPage County Health Department, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and World Health Organization, and rely on their expertise and recommendations to continue to inform decisions.
Posted March 20, 2020 at 5:16 PM