In accordance with Executive Order 2020-10 issued by Governor Pritzker, all Bloomingdale Park District playgrounds, tennis courts, basketball courts, skate park, and athletic fields (baseball, softball, football, soccer) are CLOSED.
It is impossible for youth to maintain a safe social distance while playing team or contact sports. Please consider all sports fields in the community CLOSED to all team sports play and practice until further notice.
We are not able to police this closure or physically barricade all sports fields from use. We must count on parents and the community to ensure that social distancing efforts are as successful as possible.
Park District walking paths remain open.
Recommendations to keep safe while social distancing in public parks or on paths:
- Follow CDC’s guidance on personal hygiene prior to heading to trails — wash hands, carry hand sanitizer, do not use trails if you have symptoms, cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing, etc.
- Observe at all times CDC’s minimum recommended social distancing of six feet from other people. Practice it and know what it looks like. Keep it as you walk, bike or hike.
- Warn other trail users of your presence and as you pass to allow proper distance and step off trails to allow others to pass, keeping minimum recommended distances at all times. Signal your presence with your voice, bell or horn.
- Note that trail and park users may find public restrooms closed — be prepared before you leave and time outings so that you are not dependent on public restrooms.
- Bring water or drinks — public drinking fountains may be disabled and should not be used, even if operable.
- Bring a suitable trash bag. Leave no trash, take everything out to protect park workers.
The Park District continues to closely monitor guidance from the DuPage County Health Department, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and World Health Organization, and rely on their expertise and recommendations to continue to inform decisions.