About the Bloomingdale Parks Foundation
The Parks Foundation is an organization dedicated to helping the Park District provide great recreation programs and open space while also assisting individuals to gain access to programs, enhancing current programs and making improvements to all of BPD's parks.
The Foundation was established in 1994 as a not-for-profit organization. Its primary purpose is to develop alternate sources of funding for Bloomingdale Park District facilities and recreation programs, and to provide opportunities for all Park District participants. The Foundation holds a 501-C3 status from the IRS. Become a member of the Bloomingdale Parks Foundation and:
- Support the preservation and improvement of facilities and open space for recreation.
- Assist those less privileged to participate in park district programs and events.
- Recognize and support community stewardship.
The Adopt-A-Park program was instituted in 2015 and involves organizations adopting a local park. The program is designed to be a low key, informal approach to involve the community with its neighborhood park by "keeping an eye out" for potential hazards, vandalism and general park abuse, as well as assisting in keeping parks clean and free of invasive vegetation.Board of Directors
The Giving Tree Program offers individuals, organizations or community businesses the opportunity to purchase trees as a gift for someone special, memory of a loved one, or a cost-effective means of advertising.
- Rick Tayfel - Chair
- Gerace Olson - Vice Chair
- Frank Saverino, Jr.
- Brittany Richter
- Michael Hovde, Jr.
- Jennifer Capua
- Bob Watt
- Jerry Marshall - Treasurer, Park Board Representative
- Josh Hendricks - Secretary, BPD Director of Marketing & Communications
- Joe Potts - Ex-Officio, BPD Executive Director