The 2019-20 school-year marked the inaugural year in the renovated Johnston Recreation Center preschool classrooms. The Park District is excited to provide our youngest residents with a state-of-the-art facility that promotes a safe and positive learning environment.
Little Acorn Academy encourages the development of a well-balanced child. We offer a comprehensive readiness-for-school program addressing physical, emotional, social and intellectual needs. Our goal is to creatively and effectively teach students socialization, fine and gross motor skills, and basic academics including language arts, math, science and art.
For additional information please call us at (630) 529-3650 and visit us to see why our program is so outstanding.
2020-21 Preschool Registration Packets (coming soon!)
- Experienced and caring staff
- Secure early childhood wing and classrooms
- Stimulating environment
- Age-appropriate technology
- Kindergarten readiness curriculum
- Indoor gym & outdoor playground
- Extended Day option
- Monthly special events and themes
- Pre-kindergarten graduation ceremony
- Intro to Preschool students must be 2 ½ by Sept. 30, 2020
- Tiny Tots students must be 3 by Sept. 1, 2020
- Pre-kindergarten students must be 4 by Sept. 1, 2020
- All children must be potty-trained and able to take care of their own bathroom needs.
Registration Dates (2020-21)
Registration is accepted according to the dates below. Fill out the forms and return to the Johnston Recreation Center, 172 S. Circle Ave., Bloomingdale. Forms may be faxed, mailed or dropped off in person.
Priority for Returning Resident Students & Siblings, January 6-28
Residents (New Students), January 30 - February 30
Priority for Returning Non-Resident & Siblings, February 24 - March 9
Open Registration, March 11
- Jessie N | 5-Star Review on Facebook
They (the Bloomingdale Park District) have an awesome preschool and pre-k program for the kids. Not to mention all the other extracurricular programs they offer for little ones. As well as their water park for summer fun.